Copyright from 2017© Jeanne Burrows-Johnson
The Natalie Seachrist Hawaiian mysteries
By Jeanne Burrows-Johnson
~ published by Artemesia Publishing ~
Prospect for Murder
FINALIST Mystery /Suspense
WINNER, Cover Art 6x9 Fiction
2017 New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards
Murder on Mokulua Drive
2018 Arizona Literary Excellence Contest
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR BOOK CLUB
OR LITERARY GATHERING
Overview of the Book
1. How would you describe this book?
2. How original and unique was this book?
3. What feelings did this book evoke for you?
4. What did you enjoy the most and least about this book?
5. If you were the publisher, is there anything you would delete? Is there anything you would add?
6. What is your favorite quote from the book? What makes this quote memorable?
7. Would you recommend this book to other readers? Why or why not?
Author Jeanne Burrows-Johnson
8. How well do you think the author built the world of her book?
9. What themes does the book express?
10. Have you read other works by this author? How do they compare to this book?
11. If you got the chance to ask this author one question, what would it be?
12. Would you read another book by this author? Why or why not?
13. What do you think of the book’s cover?
14. How well does the cover convey what the book is about?
15. What did you enjoy about the book’s format? Cast of Characters? Chapter quotes? Folio art around page numbers? Notes? Hawaiian Pronunciation Guide, Glossary of Non-English and Specialized Terms?
Setting of the Book
16. What did you enjoy most about the setting of this book?
17. Did you feel you were experiencing the setting?
18. Were all of your five senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch) stirred by this book?
19. Which places mentioned in the book (or series) would you like to visit?
20. Did the book’s pace seem too fast/too slow/just right?
21. Did the Prologue invite you to read further?
22. Did the Epilogue leave you feeling satisfied?
23. At what point did you think you had discovered the murderer?
24. What surprised you in the plotline?
25. What elements do you think will be explored in subsequent books in the series?
26. Did the characters seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone in your life…in television or film?
27. Which characters did you find the most or least likeable?
28. Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
29. Are you interested in learning more about the characters’ lives in future books?
30. If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast for which characters?
31. What did you learn from the historical details included in this book?
32. What historical events would you like to explore further?
33. Do you think this mystery series is a good platform for relating aspects of history and culture?
34. What do you think about the author’s research?
35. Were there any gaps you wish the author had filled in?